Cycleway 9 is designed to help support the Mayor of London’s Transport Strategy and Healthy Streets Approach by encouraging walking, cycling, and using public transport.
The changes undertaken by SF-Stefan on Kew Bridge Road, Kew Road and Chiswick High Road include:
- Constructing a two-way segregated cycle track on Kew Bridge Road and Chiswick High Road
- Installation of Infrastructure for New signal-controlled pedestrian crossings and updated traffic signals at the Junction of Kew Bridge Road and Kew Road
- Construction of Stepped cycle tracks (at a lower height than the footway) eastbound stepped track on Kew Bridge Road and Chiswick High Road
- Changes to bus stop locations and layouts, including new bus stop bypasses for cyclists.
- Changes to parking and loading bays.
This section of Cycleway 9 provides a continuous, largely segregated route between Kew Bridge Road, Kew Road and Chiswick High Road.